WPC is a community of grace in Clinton, SC. We have been proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Laurens County and beyond since 1982. Check out our history page to find out more.
Our mission is to glorify and enjoy God by making mature disciples of Jesus Christ who are equipped to serve our community and the world.
To do this, we are committed to God’s Word, the Bible. We aim to proclaim the whole counsel of God found therein. Our preaching and teaching is centered on the Bible as the only infallible rule of faith and practice. We emphasize the ordinary means of grace: the Word, sacraments, and prayer, as the way God transforms and works in his people.
Five key values our church strives for:
- God-Focused Worship – We regularly praise God through personal, family, and meaningful corporate worship. (Psalm 95:1-7a; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Christ-Centered Instruction – We encourage personal, family, and corporate growth through the consistent and diligent study of God’s Word and through practical obedience to God’s Word in our daily lives. (Colossians 1:28; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Spirit-Led Community – We establish loving, caring relationships with each other in order that we may build one another up to more Christ-like lives. (Hebrews 10:24-25; John 13:34-35)
- Other-Focused Service – We encourage and enable ministry to one another’s needs in the church and the community. We participate in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ through personal witness as well as investing heavily in local, national, and world missions. (Galatians 6:9-10; Acts 1:8)
- Every Member Involved – We want to see every member using their gifts “for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12-13).
For more about what we believe and our denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America, check out our What We Believe page.