What Kinds of Small Groups Are at WPC?
An Affinity Group is a gathering of people who possess a common life bond. Currently these Affinity Groups include:
- Women in the Church (A ministry to the women of WPC)
- Iron Men (A ministry to the men of WPC)
- Elderberries (a ministry to the seasoned citizens of WPC)
Affinity Groups come together for the purpose of mutual support and growth, for service, and for fun!
Community Groups exist to connect people through the means of accountability, Bible study, challenging discussion, and service to each other as well as to our community. Each Community Group has a Host Family and an assigned Facilitator, but every Community Group also forms its own identity. Meeting times, focus of service, whether or not a meal is included, or if child care is provided, etc., is at the prerogative of each group.
Community Groups include:
- Clinton – Marshall/Ragin
- Laurens – Moore/Klein
- Laurens – Partee/Verdin
- Waterloo – Mims
Ministry Teams are opportunities for people to get involved in giving leadership in the church in particular areas of interest. Ministry Teams are elder-led, but are lay-person driven.
- Christian Education Ministry Team: Facilitates the spiritual growth of prospective members, new members, and existing members through the renewing of their minds. The CE Ministry Team also has “sub-teams” that do the planning for the Affinity Groups listed above, and you are invited to consider serving on one of those teams as well.
- Fellowship Ministry Team: Facilitates fellowship through Wednesday evening suppers, seasonal activities and special events.
- Missions Ministry Team: Facilitates the involvement of the church and her members in local, national, and world missions.
- Church Growth/Outreach Team: Facilitates WPC members reaching out to the un-churched and the mis-churched with the intent of reaching them with the gospel, growing them in the faith and to encourage them to be a part of a Church, and perhaps WPC in particular.
WPC Vision Statement and Core Values
The mission of Westminster Presbyterian Church is to glorify and enjoy God by making mature disciples who are equipped to serve our community and the world.
To this end we will strive for:
- God-Focused Worship
- Christ-Centered Instruction
- Spirit-Led Community
- Other-Focused Service
- Every Member Equipped
Small Group Vision Statement
The small group ministry of WPC exists to enable intentional and growing relationships with the Lord and with one another.
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25